In The Future Through Our Eyes Cheltenham High School’s 9th grade Project Based Learning students wrote, edited, designed, and published a literary journal.
Academic Skills and Content:
- Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, well-chosen details, and well-structured event sequences.
- Engage and orient the reader by setting out a problem, situation, or observation, establishing one or multiple point(s) of view, and introducing a narrator and/or characters; create a smooth progression of experiences or events.
- Use narrative techniques, such as dialogue, pacing, description, reflection, and multiple plot lines, to develop experiences, events, and/or characters.
- Use a variety of techniques to sequence events so that they build on one another to create a coherent whole.
- Use precise words and phrases, telling details, and sensory language to convey a vivid picture of the experiences, events, setting, and/or characters.
- Provide a conclusion that follows from and reflects on what is experienced, observed, or resolved over the course of the narrative.
Final Product: Published Literary Journal
Suggested Duration: 10 weeks (Book Project Calendar)
This project was created with the generous support of the Avalon Foundation.